Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Day 17 Nagarkot - Bhaktapur - Bikemandu... Saying farewell to the Royal Enfield

Nagarkot - Bhaktapur - Kathmandu - Bikemandu

Sunny warm morning in Nagarkot.  I was feeling bittersweet about bringing the Royal Enfield back to Bikemandu to drop it off.  I bided time at the Stupa Resort writing and posting to the blog.  Internet was strong and the sunny weather made my balcony a great place to work.




I packed up at noon and decided that I’d just ride into Kathmandu and return the bike early and make my way to Thamel to get settled into a guesthouse for the next couple of days before jumping a bus back to Pokhara.

On the drive down Nagarkot hill I was loving every corner of the ride.  I was feeling a little sad that I didn’t have a big ride planned for the day since the weather was amazing and warm.

When I got to Bhaktapur, I was nearly all the way to the highway, when I randomly turned off onto the cobblestone streets of the old town.  I rolled through the little streets and alleyways taking in the sights, shooting GoPro footage and snapping photos of the incredible old world architecture and the local life happening around.




















After a couple hours and a tasty cup of coffee watching the street scape roll by along in front of the Enfield, it was time to ride into Kathmandu traffic and drop the bike off.
I met Amar at the workshop and traded him the keys for my cash deposit.  He showed me a few damaged bikes and commended me on making it to Muktinath without destroying his bike. 









Into a taxi and off for the International Guest House, my go to place to stay for no real reason than I know where it is.  End of the Royal Enfield...


3 comments:

  1. Good adventure pictures Justin. According to Jerry, George just celebrated his 80th and would be proud of you on the Goat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bike was classic and few photos are more classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your adventure experience in Nepal. Great post and pictures! Well appreciate your riding skills. Look forward to see you again in the Himalayan Kingdom!!

    ReplyDelete